Game & Fish License

Resident and non-resident hunting and fishing licenses can be purchased at our office. We also handle special license types such as disability, foreign exchange students, veterans, military, landowner, and firearms deer replacement licenses.

General Information
  • Small Game and Fishing licenses are valid from March 1 through February 28 the following year.
  • Big Game licenses go on sale in mid-August. Deer season begins in early November.
  • Applicant for a Resident license must provide proof of Minnesota residency with a Minnesota Driver's license or ID card.
  • Fees vary according to the license purchased.
Game and Fish License Area
To purchase any license:
  • Bring in your drivers license when applying for a license.
  • Social security number is required for all hunting and fishing licenses and firearm safety cards. Once your SSN is in our records, you will not be asked again for this number. (Note: The 2003 Legislature passed this requirement to meet the 1996 Federal National Welfare Reform Act that assists states in the enforcement of child support programs.)
  • Residents must meet legal residency requirements and must provide their Minnesota driver’s license or public safety identification.
  • Nonresidents must provide their nonresident driver’s license number, Minnesota DNR number from a prior ELS license or social security number to obtain a license.