County Commissioner Appointments
View and download a listing of county department directors, and appointments made by the commissioners to various committees and boards.
Commissions & Committee Vacancies & Application
Below is a list of current vacancies on various committees/boards. Interested, qualified individuals who wish to be considered for appointment must fill out the committee application form at the bottom of this page. DEADLINES TO APPLY FOR OPENINGS ARE LISTED BELOW.
Board of Adjustment Vacancies: Coming vacancies are for 1 regular member and 1 alternate member. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 30, 2017.
The Meeker County Board of Adjustment is made up of 3 regular and 1 alternate members who are appointed by the Meeker County Board of Commissioners. Members are appointed to 3-year terms, with a total maximum term limit of 5 consecutive terms. The BOA typically meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at the Meeker County Courthouse. Duties include:
1. Consider applications, make determinations and order the issuance of variances from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance, including restrictions placed on non-conformities, provided by the Ordinance.
2. Hear and decide appeals from and review any order, requirement, decision or determination made by any administrative official.
3. Order the issuance of permits for buildings in areas designated for future public use on the Official Zoning Maps and Directory.
4. Provide interpretation of district boundaries on the Official Zoning Maps and Directory when necessary.
Meeker County Extension Committee Vacancies: There are 2 vacancies. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 15, 2016.
The Meeker County Extension Committee consists of 9 members: 2 County Commissioners, the County Auditor or designee, and six members at large. Members are approved by the Meeker County Board of Commissioners and are appointed to a 3-year term, with a 2-term maximum. Members must reside in Meeker County. The Extension Committee typically meets the third Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. of January, April, June, September and November. Duties include:
1. Determine where there is a need for local educational efforts and work with county commissioners to fund those positions.
2. Provide feedback from across the county back to staff and the University regarding community needs.
3. Hire local Extension educational staff using University of Minnesota hiring practices.
4. Review local Extension staff yearly work plan to jointly agree on outcomes that best serve citizen needs; give input on staff performance.
5. Provide oversight to local Extension office budget development. The budget is ultimately approved by the County Board.
6. Assist in marketing Extension programs throughout the county.