- You Are Here:
Should you have any questions regarding your property valuation notice, please see the following staff contact information:
- Cosmos Township, Danielson Township, Darwin Township, Union Grove, Cosmos City, Dassel City, Watkins City
- Cedar Mills Township, Ellsworth Township, Greenleaf Township, Manannah Township, Cedar Mills City, City of Eden Valley, City of Grove City
Travis Scoblic, Appraiser
- Swede Grove Township, Litchfield City
Michaela Stade, Appraiser Trainee
- Collinwood Township, Dassel Township, Harvey Township, Litchfield Township, Darwin City
The mission of the Meeker County Assessor Office is 3-fold:
- To ensure the fair and equitable assessment of all property in Meeker County
- A commitment to treat all taxpayers in a professional and respectful manner
- To ensure that all property owners pay no more than their fair share of the property tax burden
The Assessor's Office directs, plans, and supervises the appraisal, valuation, and classification of all property in Meeker County, as prescribed by Minnesota Statutes and directives of the Commissioner of Revenue.
Meeker County has approximately 18,000 parcels which are viewed by the County appraiser staff and/or local assessors. The estimated market values are established as of January 2nd of each year, based on sales from the previous year. An assessment notice is mailed in the spring to each property owner. This form provides the estimated market value and classification for each property, and also gives information should the taxpayer feel an error has been made and wishes to appeal those amounts. The taxable value on this notice will be used to calculate the taxes payable in the following year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.