Birth Public Record / Uncertified Copies

To obtain a record, you will need:
  • Valid (unexpired) government issued ID (e.g. Driver's License) OR a witness that has known you for more than 2 years with a valid government issued ID.
  • Name on record
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth (city and hospital)
  • Mother's name and father's name


Birth records are available only to the child's mother, the father if he is listed on the certificate, the individual listed on the birth record when they have reached 18 years of age, a grandparent who is the child's physical guardian, a legal guardian representing a certified copy of guardianship papers, an individual presenting a certified copy of a court order releasing the record to him/her, the Commissioner of Welfare or authorized representative, or a bona fide adoption agency or authorized representative. Also, an individual with a written and notarized authorization from any of the persons above may obtain a restricted record.