Information About Available Services

We offer the following services:

  • Establishing parentage for children born outside of marriage
  • Establishing court orders for Basic Support, Medical Support, and /or Child Care Support
  • Enforcing existing child support orders
  • Reviewing (and if necessary, modifying) court orders
  • Adjust court orders based on the cost-of-living (COLA) index
  • Locating absent parents
  • Identifying and verifying sources of income
  • Working with other states to enforce support when one parent does not live in Minnesota
  • Collecting payments

Services we cannot offer:

  • Legal advice 
  • Help with legal separation or divorce
  • Establishment or enforcement of custody and parenting time (We cannot answer questions about custody or parenting time)
  • Establishment or modification of spousal maintenance orders
  • Collection of bills not related to child support i.e. marital related bills, attorney’s fees, property settlements
  • Answers regarding right to claim children as dependents for purposes of income taxes
  • Genetic testing after paternity has been established
If you need help with any of these services, you may wish to contact a private attorney.