Why are documents sometimes unacceptable?
- The notary acknowledgment is not complete.
- The well information is missing.
- The "Drafted by" statement is missing.
- The legal description is not consistent or is questionable when compared to the records.
- The recording fee included is incorrect.
- Delinquent real estate taxes are due.
- The Certificate of Real Estate Value is not complete or is missing.
- Incorrect deed tax has been included.
- Incorrect mortgage registration tax has been included.
- The name and address of where to mail future tax statements is missing.
- Corrective documents need to have new signatures and new acknowledgments, along with a statement indicating what is being corrected. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
What must all documents contain when submitted for recording?
- The document must be dated.
- The document must be signed with original signatures.
- The acknowledgment must include: a date; a legible notary seal; a notary signature; the expiration date of the notary commission; the names and marital status of the signatures being acknowledged; or if a corporate acknowledgment, the business name, the name of the person signing for the business, and that person's title in the business.
- The legal description must be included.
- If referenced, the exhibits must be attached.
- The "drafted by" information must include the name and address. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
What additional items should be included with transfer deeds?
- The state deed tax must be included.
- Include a copy of the Certificate of Real Estate Value or the e-CRV reference number.
- Include the name and address where real estate tax statements are to be sent.
- If there are delinquent taxes on the property, full payment of these taxes must be submitted.
- If the tax parcel has been split, all current taxes must be paid and a survey must be submitted.
- If appropriate, the statement "Total consideration for this transfer is $500 or less" should be included.
- If the consideration for the transfer is OVER $500, a completed well certificate and the $50 fee must be submitted unless either of the following statements apply and are indicated on the deed: "The seller certifies that the seller does not know of any wells on the described property," or "I am familiar with the property described in this instrument and I certify that the status and number of wells on the described real property have not changed since the last previously filed well disclosure certificate." @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>