Trainings required prior to licensing:
- Required Normalcy and Reasonable and Prudent Parenting Standard
Sudden/Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) video (see links below)
The Department of Human Services has approved the following series of videos to meet the SUID component when individuals are not receiving face-to-face, classroom, or online SUID training. All videos must be viewed to meet the SUID training requirement.
Please Note: The videos below include portrayals of infant sleep environments in private, non-licensed, homes that are not subject to the requirements of Minnesota Statutes, section 245A.1435. Licensed child care providers must comply with statutory safe sleep requirements when sleeping infants including nothing in the crib except for an infant’s pacifier. In addition, attachments or modifications to the crib are prohibited.
- Produced by Hennepin County Produced by Hennepin County (4:17)
- http://vimeo.com/51317716 Produced by Eastern Virginia Medical School (5:50)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YshwsmZUc Produced by Dakota County (6:28)
3. Abusive Head Trauma (AHT) video
The Department of Human Services has approved the following series of videos to meet the AHT component when license holders are not receiving face-to-face, classroom, or online AHT training. All videos must be viewed to meet the AHT training requirement.
- http://ctf4kids.org/2011/10/new-educational-videos-released-on-shaken-baby-and-safe-sleep-awareness/ Never Shake (7:48)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THhFoYk7U40 The Doctors (1:48)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t9vH6tqwxg&feature=player_embedded Forever Shaken (33:17)
- Required Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Training
- Required Children's Mental Health Training
- Child and Restraint Systems (CARS): in person training re: use of car seats. Training dates available by contacting Tina Schenk at 320-693-5300
After Licensing Training Options: 12 CEU’s required per year:
Pre-Approved ongoing Mental Health Credits: 1 hour per year: