Recovery of Property in Divorce Actions

Often in divorce actions, a judge will award property to one of the parties but the other party will not release the property. The Sheriff's Office cannot force one person to turn property over to another. The person to whom the property was awarded should seek an order from the court directing the Sheriff's Office to seize the property and turn it over. It would be prudent to consult with an attorney in this instance.