Summons & Complaint Service

If a plaintiff desires the Sheriff's Office to serve a Summons and Complaint in a civil court action, the plaintiff should provide the Sheriff's Office with the original summons and a copy of the Summons and Complaint for each defendant in the action. A Sheriff's Deputy will serve the copy and return the original Summons and Complaint along with an Affidavit of Service to the plaintiff.

It is the plaintiff's responsibility to file the original and Affidavit with the Court Administrator. The Sheriff's Office charges for this type of service, see section on Fees.