The Child and Teen Checkups program provides FREE medical, dental, and vision checkups to Meeker County residents who are age 20 or younger and enrolled in Medical Assistance.
Complete and regular screenings are the basis of the C&TC program. These exams are given on a set schedule to assure that health problems are diagnosed and treated early, before they become more complex and treatment more costly.
Contact your health care plan to set up an appointment with a participating provider today!
Children and teens, birth through age 20, covered by a Minnesota Health Care Program (Medical Assistance or Minnesota Care) are auto-enrolled in the Child and Teen Checkups program. For more information about the program, please call 320-693-5370.
o Physical health
o Social and emotional health
o Age appropriate growth & development
o Parental guidance
o Resources and services available
o A complete physical exam, including:
o Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
o Hearing and vision exam
o Lab testing for lead, hemoglobin, and cholesterol
o Dental fluoride application
Transportation is included in your Medical Assistance plan. If you need help getting to a medical appointment, please contact your health plan.
• A good way to learn about your child's health and development
• A fun way to get ideas about "what to teach" and at what age "to teach it"
• A simple way to ask questions about how your child is hearing, moving, seeing, playing, talking, learning, growing, and acting.
How does the Follow Along Program work?
• Questionnaires are sent to you when your child reaches certain ages. Each questionnaire asks how your child is growing, playing, talking, moving, and acting.
• You mail the questionnaire back to a public health nurse who reviews it and shares the results with you. She will also provide you with fun activities for you and your child.
There is no cost. To sign up, call Public Health at 320-693-5370 or for more information or to enroll online go to MDH FAP.
While all young children grow and change at their own rate, some children experience delays in their development. Free help is available if you have questions about your child's development or think your child might need extra help to learn. All children ages birth to 5 years of age are eligible for services.
Call 1-866-693-4769 for more information or visit Help Me Grow.