Prairie Strips are a CRP practice that offers a triple benefit: reduction of erosion by 90%, reduction of nutrient run-off by 85% and increase of wildlife habitat. This practice brings big benefits while having minimum impact on crop production!
Why prairie strips?
·One of the only CRP practices that can be used for headlands and turnarounds for farm equipment
· Strips can be placed anywhere on your farm
· Perfect for field edges with low yields or on contours
· Improves water quality leaving your farm and reduces erosion
· Farmers qualify for an additional $50/acre/year on top of CRP payments for 10 or 15 year contracts.
· Improve wildlife and pollinator habitat on your farm
· Sign up at any time of year
·Extra incentives available for a limited time!
Contact Josh Pommier or Joe Norman at 320-693-7287 to get more information and to learn how to get enrolled.
The images shown are from Iowa State and are credited to Omar de Kok-Mercado.