Adult Health/Disabled/Senior

Meeker County Public Health assists senior individuals to live a healthy lifestyle in the comfort of their own home. If you would like to speak with a nurse please call Meeker County Public Health at 320-693-5370.

A public health or social service professional may arrange a visit with you, or you may receive recommendations just by answering a few questions over the phone. If someone does visit with you, he or she will ask about your general health, your ability to take care of routine daily activities, your home environment and any help you may receive from family and friends. You will also talk about your social needs and finances. A Health Care Professional may suggest support services are available to you in your community. The final decision is yours!

Public health provides case management to eligible individuals. Direct home care services are provided by a variety of home care agencies in the community.

Early Intervention

Home, office, or telephone visits by Public Health Nurses to older adults and their families to suggest community resources to help seniors remain in their own homes.

Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Assessments

Completed by a public health nurse for individuals on Medical Assistance (MA) needing assistance with activities of daily living.

NAPS (Nutrition Assistance for Seniors)

Supplemental food and nutrition programs that provide healthy and nutritious commodity food products to eligible individuals. Call 800-365-0270 for more information.  For more information -  NAPS